Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
for Web Developers
The typical entry level education for this occupation is a bachelor’s degree.
Examples of the knowledge needed for success in this occupation is listed below, in order of importance.
- Computers and Electronics: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Examples of the skills needed for success in this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Programming: Writing computer programs.
- Critical Thinking: Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
- Complex Problem Solving: Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it.
- Operations Analysis: Figuring out what a product or service needs to be able to do.
- Reading Comprehension: Reading work-related information.
Examples of the abilities needed for success in this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Deductive Reasoning: Using rules to solve problems.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening and understanding what people say.
- Problem Sensitivity: Noticing when problems happen.
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding what is written.
- Near Vision: Seeing details up close.
Detailed Work Activities
Examples of the detailed work activities involved with this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Write computer programming code.
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of information.
- Design websites or web applications.
- Test software performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.