Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
for Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
The typical entry level education for this occupation is a high school diploma or equivalent. Those with a associate’s degree have a competitive advantage in the labor market.
Examples of the knowledge needed for success in this occupation is listed below, in order of importance.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Examples of the skills needed for success in this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Active Listening: Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
- Reading Comprehension: Reading work-related information.
- Speaking: Talking to others.
- Writing: Writing things for co-workers or customers.
- Service Orientation: Looking for ways to help people.
Examples of the abilities needed for success in this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Speech Recognition: Recognizing spoken words.
- Written Expression: Communicating by writing.
- Oral Expression: Communicating by speaking.
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding what is written.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening and understanding what people say.
Detailed Work Activities
Examples of the detailed work activities involved with this occupation are listed below, in order of importance.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Make travel, accommodations, or entertainment arrangements for others.
- Maintain medical records.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Prepare research or technical reports.